1) Be PRIVATE! Don’t blast your relationship to everybody. Even family needs to be shut of out things sometimes!
2) LISTEN to each other
3) take things ONE DAY AT A TIME
4) look at the positive side of things
5) try to be as understanding and unconditional as you can possibly be
6) DISCIPLINE yourself out of RESPECT for the other
7) BELIEVE/HAVE FAITH in y’all’s struggles AS A TEAM
Idk…you just gotta believe that it’s worth the time and effort you’re putting into it. If you do, then you will give it your everything. Real relationships consist of so much more than cooking naked for your man and rolling his blunts and having sex like a lot of people out here seems to believe these days. To me, a relationship is more about mental/spiritual/intellectual compatibility. You always hear ppl saying “what can you bring to the table?” And I think a lot of us take that so literally like ” he/she need a car a job an apartment, money etc” but that’s not what it means to me anymore. For me, my boyfriend is my Get Right. He checks my attitude. He checks my complaining/wining. He checks my frivolous spending. He checks all the negative/detrimental shit I do and it grounds me. It brings me back to reality. And THAT is what he brings to the table. A positive/optimistic/unwaveringly faithful mind frame when I don’t do it for myself. Relationships of every kind are about balance and compromise. When you find the Yin to your Yang, things just pan out because they were MEANT TO in the first place.